Sunday, July 17, 2011

Erewhon Brown Rice Cereal Reveiw


Annelies at Attune Food's recently sent me this cereal to try out.

We also sent eachother a bunch of emails back and forth, because her name is sooo close to my sister's.
During our emails, I discovered that her family originates in the Netherlands as well!
It was fun to find someone with such a similar background, just randomly!

Description

We take whole grains of US grown organic brown rice and blend them with gluten free organic brown rice syrup and sea salt to enhance the natural flavor of the whole grain. Then, we cook the rice and puff it to its crispy best, creating a delicious, gluten free breakfast cereal.

Enjoy by the bowl, sprinkled over yogurt or in your favorite treat recipe.

Ingredients

Organic brown rice, Organic brown rice syrup, Sea salt.
When I poured this cereal into my bowl it reminded me of Rice Crispies cereal when I was younger.
I was expecting it to Snap! Crackle! or Pop! (remember?!)
I usually go for cereal that has a little more consistency because if it doesn't, I will eat bowl after bowl before I actually feel full.
I found this to be the perfect snack, rather than a meal for breakfast.
It was actually very delicious, and no tummy problems!
Sooo good!
Definitely recommend this for those who are trying to find a gluten free cereal that is light, and brings back some childhood memories.

Thanks Annelies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment