Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Guest Post: Greek Yogurt & Apple Slice

I recently found Holly's post through another guest post that she did. She has now become one of my favorite bloggers to check on to get tips and ideas for workouts, recipe ideas and just ready about her daily life.  She recently made the commitment to become 100% vegetarian.. OOPs I mean 100% Pescatarian (is that how you spell it?!).  Like me, she cannot give up the fishy stuff that is oh so yummy. 

ENJOY!

Hey There Hannah Banana Readers!! ☺

I’m Holly & I have this little blog over at Greek Yogurt & Apple Slices
(Longest blog name EVER!! ☺ )


I just want to first thank Hannah for letting me invade her blog today! 
I have enjoyed reading her posts, and I hope that she is having a BLAST on vacation!! ☺

My blog is all about living a healthy lifestyle while trying to keep my Crohn’s Disease from flaring up.

I recently married my best friend, and am enjoying every minute of the newlywed lifestyle! ☺


I love coming up with new recipes & sharing them on my blog,
things like Caesar Salad pasta and Cinnamon Roll Muffins!


Today I thought I would share with you one of my absolute favorite breakfast recipes that I have come up with to date!! Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes! It is the perfect summertime recipe because of the fresh smell of lemon. I LOVE lemon, it just smells so refreshing & crisp!

Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
Ingredients:

-1 cup Almond Milk
-1 tbsp. vinegar
-1 tbsp. lemon juice
-1/2 tsp. vanilla
-1 cup whole wheat flour
-2 tbsp. Splenda, or sweetener of choice
-1 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1 tsp. poppy seeds
- 3/4 tsp- 1 tsp. lemon peel (depending on your taste preference)
-cooking spray

Preparation:

1. Combine the milk, vinegar & lemon juice- mix together in a bowl. Let stand about 8-10 minutes to curdle. Stir in vanilla after the 10 minutes have ended.


2. In a separate bowl, mix together the WW flour, Splenda (or sweetener of choice), baking powder, baking soda, salt, poppy seeds, & lemon peel.


3. Stir in the milk mixture into the flour mixture & whisk until the batter is free of lumps.

4. Heat a skillet, or griddle over medium high heat that is sprayed with cooking spray. Once heated, pour the batter into desired size pancakes. Cook on one side until you see bubbles form, then flip & cook for about another 2-3 minutes or until golden on each side.




Serve them with maple syrup, or sugar which. 
I prefer the sugar glaze, just the combination of the flavors is wonderful!! ☺

3 ingredient Sugar Glaze recipe:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix milk, extract and powdered sugar until glaze forms. 
You may need to add a little more sugar or water/milk to reach desired consistency. 
Mix into glaze and drizzle on pancakes.




These pancakes were not only a hit with me, but my husband loved them! He made me promise that I would make them again...guess I should probably do that, since it’s been a while since we have had them. ;)

Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful day!! Please feel free to swing by my blog anytime ☺ Thanks again to Hannah for letting me guest post!

No comments:

Post a Comment