Sunday, July 3, 2011

Not feeling it.

What do you do when you just don't have the energy?
I just haven't felt or had the energy to blog.
I sweat I will get back into it.. 
I have some good plans for the next couple posts.

 Over the past 4 days I have been busy.
On Thursday Jason and I drove back to our home town.

We spent sometime with his grandparents before taking his younger sisters out to dinner.
His one sister just graduates and turned 18!
I wish I could go back and do it all over again...


We spent the night at his dad's house, sleeping in, and making a lazy breakfast, which was hard because Jason's dad is a bachelor and generally does not fill his kitchen with healthy options...meaning no fresh fruit or veggies..
I opted for instant oatmeal with some PB swirled in.. Jason even tried and liked it!

My dad left for the Peace Corp in March and is renting out our house to a friend.
He also left our family dog there... who I miss so much.

So we decided to stop by and see my childhood house and Morgan!
isn't he adorable...he's 11 years old!!


a walk down to the creek..


our house.

look at this kitty?  he has an extra digit..like a thumb!
It was great to see my puppy..
He is getting old now and has pretty bad arthiritis.
He was just at the vet because he was limping around and has all these cysts all over, but he still runs around and acts like a little puppy..

We headed into town, and had some time before we had to meet up with a family friend..
So we stopped by this little organic cafe.

a green juice and almond milk chai latte for me...

sesame seed and banana smoothie..
We also had a pita and hummus plate.

We headed over to my family friends house to visit.
She had just stepped on a pitch fork and gotten stabbed. She had to get stitches and had to ice her leg.

I helped by making iced tea, emptying the dish washer, and bringing her iced peas for her leg.

We headed back to his dad's and watched some of Wimbledon.
We got a bit lazy..so I decided to hit up his dad's treadmill for a little bit, running 4 miles with some hills.
I showered and we headed out to our friends birthday party.
It was a little bit of a disaster since I hadn't really eaten dinner, and there was nothing veggie friendly, only snacks available so I spent more of the night snacking on chips and spinach dip.


Saturday was a lazy day.  I felt horrible, lacked energy, and was feeling very sick.  I just laid around for a majority of the day before heading out to Trader Joes & Whole Food's to grab some groceries.  I decided to get some xanthan gum & chia seeds for my smoothies, as well as this,..

Looks pretty nasty when mixed up but.. has some pretty awesome benefits...
  • Increases and sustains energy naturally
  • Detoxifies and cleanses your body
  • High alkalinity helps balance your body’s pH level
  • Strengthens your immune system
  • Insoluble fiber gently cleanses your digestive tract and promotes regularity
  • Complete food with enzymes and all essential amino acids
  • Natural source of antioxidants to help repair damaged cells
  • Excellent source of beta carotene, folic acid and vitamin C 
Last night was a quiet lazy recovery night.. filled with Netflixs, salad & ice cream.
Fireworks have been going off and our cats are TERRIFIED of the noise.

Max crawled under the couch which had a whole in the lining.  He always crawls in there when he is scared.  So funny..

Today Jason and I headed to the gym together.  I stayed a bit longer as Jason had to go to work and walked home.
I attempted to make a smoothie when I got home..
AND disaster fell..
Blender began to steam and burn!!  AHH..
Time for a new one..luckily this was donated to me from my mom..

I headed off for some errands including..
  • picking up a package
  • faxing paperwork
  • Target trip--Blender
  • GNC for protein powder-- sadly this was closed by the time I got there!!
When I got home, somehow I got sucked into watching Skulls..
Anyone remember this movie, complete with these guys..
Josh Jackson
Paul Walker
I am trying to keep myself busy and since I didn't get any strength training in earlier today, I did some P90X which was absolute killer, not because of the work out but also because our air conditioner stopped working down stairs.  POURING, DRIPPING, SOAKED in Sweat.

After a shower, it is now smoothie and relaxing time!


complete with chia seeds, wheat grass powder, and zanthan gum.










Check out Run to the Finish for a major giveaway!!
Check out Happy Healthy Runner for Gotein giveaway!! 
Check out Peanut Butter Jenny for protein giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment